2011年9月17日土曜日

Reaction to Barna

It is easy to understand because the author gives a lot of examples. and  I agree the author's opinion about  six stumbling blocks. We need to be aware of these blocks in order to avoid misunderstandings. 
Barna says that the six stumbling blocks are assumption of similarities,  language differences, nonverbal misinterpretations, preconceptions and stereotypes, tendency to evaluate and high anxiety.
However, I think tendency to evaluate is difficult to distinguish from other blocks.
In my opinion, it seems have strong connection to all other blocks. Blocks are made because people have a tendency to evaluate, in other word, people tends to evaluate other people or things by comparing with own culture, or own perspectives.
What's more, as I discussed with my classmate in class, I also realized high anxiety was connected to another blocks. All other blocks appear because accepting different culture is not easy and involves anxiety.
As stated above, categorizing blocks are not easy tusk but I agree that knowing these existence of blocks is the very first step to accept different culture and deal with problems which lies among different cultures.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿